A few quick notes in search of a blog post…
- Random Acts this past weekend was terrific. I caught both nights, which gave me a chance to try to lay a trap for the Random Actor who played “Dr. Le Faux” in the first show of each doubleheader, “Ask Le Faux”. Patrick Raines played the role of the self-important, somewhat foppish, French “café doctor”. After seeing the show on Friday, and seeing that the concept was the good Doctor answering written questions from the audience… I did a quick Google Translate on a simple question and brought it to Saturday’s show. All I wanted to know was “Pourquoi les imbéciles sont-ils amoureux?”. I figured he’d never use it, and certainly never get it right. You know what’s coming, right? Sure, you do. Not only did he use the question, he correctly translated it as “Why do fools fall in love?”* Thus, I was reminded why one never tricks a trickster. :) Random Acts is back at the HATTheatre on July 24-25 with “The Last Greatest Invention” at 7:30 and “Mainstage” at 9. Yes, I will remind you. Facebookers can join the HATTheatre and Random Acts Improv Comedy Troupe groups for updates.
- And what a week it was, eh? Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Fred Travalena, and – of course – the King of Pop. I did a 30-minute block of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 late Sunday on 107.3 BBT by way of tribute, but otherwise left the depressing stuff out of the show. There had been enough media attention on all the negative, so I wanted to just play the music and give everyone a death-notice-free zone for as much of the weekend as possible. I hope it worked… 🙂
- Looking ahead, of course, it’s Independence Day weekend ahead… too bad there’ll be no fireworks at the Diamond in Richmond this year… and no celebrations at the Richmond Raceway Complex. Right now, I’m leaning toward Colonial Downs’ fireworks Saturday night…
- And there’s less than 6 weeks left in my full-time employment. Feel the excitement. :) I still can’t say much… for a while… other than HIRE ME!?!? 🙂
* There is no connection between that question and any other events that may or may not have happened this weekend. None. At all. Really.