With the shocking (!) news that a lot of people missed Adam Lambert’s performance last night due to shoddy time management in the AI control room… and that even more (including me) didn’t know that Lambert wasn’t actually covering the 1982 version but using an early 2000’s arrangement of “Mad World”… it’s time to answer a few questions… will the DVR cutoff cost Lambert votes? Will Ryan and Simon pretend to fight? Will Paula be… medicated? And will the judges finally burn The Save? There’s only one way to find out… because THIS… is American Idol! *music cue*
We start with pointless banter. We always start with pointless banter. But at least we pay it off with a Frankie Avalon cameo, doing “Venus”, from the year Simon Cowell was hatched (1959).
And now, the Awkward Lip-Synched Group Song, from Idol’s birth year, 2002 – Kylie Minogue’s “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”. Damn, Megan Joy would have danced SO awkwardly to this… and who decided Adam should solo on the line “there’s a dark secret in me”? 🙂
Back from a break… and back for the Pointless Ford Video. Please… even if it means the Osbournes, 30-minute results shows next year. PLEASE?
Results, finally, at 9:18…
- Adam, Kris, Anoop – first, we pick up the feedback Adam didn’t get last night due to the cruddy direction… Adam is SAFE… Kris is SAFE… Anoop goes to the Bottom Three. Big surprise, America gets one wrong already. 🙂
…and another break.
Direct from the top of the charts… Flo Rida’s reimagining/sampling/remix of Dead or Alive’s “Right Round”.
Back to the results, at 9:34…
- Danny – SAFE.
- Matt – SAFE (after the weak… weekly Seacrest Swerve)
- Scott – Bottom three. And deservedly so.
- Allison, Lil – One of the ladies goes to the bench. And it’s… Lil in the bottom three. Allison is safe. America screws up again, either way, as they (in my humble opinion) were the best two last night. But at least Allison is still around…
With Anoop and Lil in the Bottom Three, there is definite Save potential. But first, a break, and then Kellie Pickler.
Your bottom three, at 9:48…
- Going back to the couches… Lil is SAFE. Anoop or Scott is going to the judges. Anoop might get saved if he has to sing. Scott’s not being saved.
Aaaaaand… another commercial break.
We’re back, and 34 million votes can’t be wrong…
- Anoop is SAFE, Scott is going to the judges.
- Scott sings Survivor badly again… so…
- Scott loses by a 2-2 vote. Since the save has to be unanimous, Scott goes home after a bit of staged bickering.
- Shut up, Paula. 🙂
We’re down to 7. And they’re back in the usual places and times next week. We don’t get a preview of next week’s theme because Paula didn’t shut up quickly enough.
Your late local news is next.