It’s raining tonight in Richmond… and in Hollywood, someone’s American Idol dream is about to be rained out… or IS IT? With 58 minutes of filler and 2 minutes of drama ahead… THIS… is American Idol! *music cue*
Now they should have hard Mark Thompson say “it’s time to face the music”… in the same tone he used to say “it’s time to face the holes” before Hole In The Wall got re-cancelled… :) And speaking of Hole In The Wall, how come that bit of fluff keeps getting airtime and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader and Don’t Forget The Lyrics seem to have been forgotten? I mean… really…
After the usual strained banter, it’s off to the montage.
And now… the Awkward Over-Produced and Badly Lip-Synched Group Number – it’s a Motown Medley! Um… well… yeah.
Please, Fox… 30-minute results shows in Season 9. PLEASE?
After the break… it’s the Oh, Please Make It Stop Ford Music Video. Anyone notice they’re getting shorter each week? Can we hope the trend will continue?
This week’s returning Idol: Ruben Studdard. And he’ll sing for you. Did you know he has a new single out?
Results? No. More banter about their private jet to Motown. We may actually get some results at some point. Really.
- Adam (8:20 pm) – SAFE
- Matt (8:20 pm) – BOTTOM THREE (One of my predictions, thank you)
- Kris (8:21 pm) – SAFE (after a Seacrest fakeout)
- Lil, Michael (8:21 pm) – Lil SAFE, Michael BOTTOM THREE (And I called that one)
After the break… Smokey Robinson and Joss Stone together. OK, so this isn’t filler. 🙂
- Allison (8:36 pm) – SAFE
- Anoop (8:36 pm) – SAFE
- Danny (8:37 pm) – SAFE
- Scott, Megan (8:38 pm) – And off to the BOTTOM THREE… is Scott (I thought he deserved to be here, but I thought America would park Megan. No trifecta for me.)
Randy thinks Matt should stay.
- Going back to the couches (8:39 pm) – Scott is safe. So they made the blind guy march across stage twice. Evil, they are.
So who goes home? We find out… of course… after the break.
We eliminate someone in a moment. But first, a Motown legend singe a Motown medley. Stevie Wonder, anyone?
- Check, please? (8:56 pm) – Matt is SAFE, Michael is going home in 10th place… or is he?
- Matt sings for his spot on Idol. What say the judges?
- Judges’ Save decision (8:59 pm) – the judges were bickering, so Cowell made the call. Michael is eliminated.
Back to Tuesday (8e/7c) and Wednesday (9e/8c) next week… no announcement on the theme… David Cook’s new video is featured Wednesday night (in place of the Ford video? PLEASE?)… the vile and despicable Gordon Ramsey is next…