The consensus seems to agree with my guess last night that Nick, Adam, and Allison will get through (although some think Megan Joy may replace Allison). We’ll find out soon enough…
Because… THIS… … … is American Idol! (insert dramatic point-to-the-logo move here)
Same as last week… no muss, no fuss, just the results. Here we go.
OK, audition montage and group song first. Results… coming. Really.
OK, commercial break. Results… coming. Really.
OK, another montage, featuring never-before-seen footage of LAST! NIGHT! Results… coming. Really.
And… here we go?
OK, quick contestant Q&A. Results… coming. Really.
Ah… the results start now. Dimming the lights…
- Allison Iraheta, Jesse, Matt B (8:17pm) – Alison’s through. (Score one for me – and America got one right!)
- Megan Joy, Kris Allen, Matt G, Jeanine (8:26 pm) – Jeanine’s eliminated first. Matt G goes next. Someone I liked is going through, and someone I liked isn’t. (And this HAS to mean Nick’s out, right?) Kris goes through, and Megan Joy has to be back for the Wild Card. (It’s so nice to see one of my “should haves” get through – even though it means I’m only 1-for-2 on the official prediction.)
- While Kris sings… it’s anti-climactic now, right? Adam’s got the third spot, just like we knew Danny was in by this time last week. Maybe Idol should announce the obvious qualifier first next week, and leave some suspense to the end of the hour? And if I’m wrong, and you still see this, please admire my willingness to be a complete idiot publicly. 🙂
- Look… time filler! The Idol Retrospective montage from the start of the season.
- Look… time filler! Brooke White sings her new single, “Hold Up My Heart” (now available on iTunes, naturally – and, actually, I kinda like it. Might have to go invest 99 cents…)
- Mishavonna, Kai, Nick, Adam, Jasmine (8:49pm) – Yes, mass elimination. Mishavonna, Kai, and Jasmine go out together.
- Nick and Adam Lambert stand for the last spot (8:56pm) – Yes! Two of three this week! Although I’d still have put Megan Joy through.
- You should know that the show format is almost identical to the one that *I* suggested on the Vote For The Worst site in a comment last week. Scroll down to my nickname and look at item #2. You’re welcome, guys. 🙂
So let’s see… two of the three I liked are through, and the third has a great shot in the Wild Card. And Nick Mitchell, hopefully, is on the dustbin of Idol history. Four guys, two girls into the Top 12. If two guys make it through next week, two girls will almost certainly qualify from the Wild Card.
Next week (in first-name alphabetical order from americanidol.com): Alex Wagner-Trugman, Arianna Afsar, Felicia Barton (the 37th Semifinalist), Jorge Nunez, Ju’Not Joyner, Kendall Beard, Kristen McNamara, Lil Rounds (almost guaranteed to go through), Nathaniel Marshall, “Blind Guy” Scott McIntyre (almost guaranteed to go through), Taylor Vaifanua, Von Smith (good shot to go through).
The loathsome Gordon Ramsey is next.