I won’t stretch this out… unlike Fox.
No group songs.
No guest vocalists.
No editing comments a judge made to one performer so they appear in the montage after another performer’s song.
And here we go…
- Casey (8:17 pm) – OUT
- Stephen (8:18 pm) – OUT
- Alexis Grace (8:20 pm) – IN (and I’m 0-for-1 on my predictions, which probably means Jackie’s out, but I did get 5 points on the MJ’s Big Blog pool – 2 for predicting that the first finalist announced would be a woman, and 3 for my hedge bet on Alexis!)
- Ricky & Jackie (8:28 pm) – BOTH OUT
- Anoop & Michael Sarver (8:30 pm) – Anoop OUT, Michael IN (0-for-2 on predictions, but I did say Michael should get in. Tatiana’s probably out now, because I can’t imagine “America” would leave the Widower Gokey out)
- OK, one mention of the guest vocalists (8:40 pm) – Carly Smithson and Michael Johns chat and sing to
kill timeentertain the crowd.
- Five left, with one spot, and 15 minutes to kill. I would hope they simply call all five up and announce one… since we can all do the math.
- Ann Marie, Brent, Stevie (8:48 pm) – ALL OUT (harsh – they weren’t going to give the last spot out until the end, so they had to stand there and pretend not to be crushed before Ryan sent them home)
- At least I’m guaranteed getting one of my predictions through… AND more pool points – I have 4 on Tatiana and 7 on Danny (5 for him and 2 for two guys going through)…
- The Pimp Spot Duo – Danny & Tatiana (8:50 pm) – Oh, cool, Tatiana is going to melt down, LIVE… AFTER THE BREAK!
- Danny Gokey & Tatiana (take 2, 8:55 pm) – Danny IN, Tatiana OUT.
So I went 1-for-3 on the actual predictions and got 12 points from 24 in the pool. Not bad, I guess. Jackie, Tatiana, Brent, and Anoop could come back in the Wild Card.
Second Flight (next Wed/Thu, in order of announcement): Megan Corkrey, Kris Allen, Mishavonna Henson, Matt Breitzke, Alison Iraheta, Matt Giraud, Jasmine Murray, Kai Kalama, Jesse Lang(seth), Adam Lambert, Jeanine Vailes, Nick Mitchell (a/k/a Normand Gentile).
Third Flight (March 3-4, in Idol-site order): Alex Wagner-Trugman, Arianna Afsar, Felicia Barton (the 37th Semifinalist), Jorge Nunez, Ju’Not Joyner, Kendall Beard, Kristen McNamara, Lil Rounds (almost guaranteed to go through), Nathaniel Marshall, “Blind Guy” Scott McIntyre (almost guaranteed to go through), Taylor Vaifanua, Von Smith (good shot to go through).
The second flight is up for grabs (although I think Adam has to be an early favorite), and the third flight really looks like a setup for Lil, Scott, and Von.